Friday, September 28, 2012

Lasagna Muffins Recipe and Instructions

This summer I started teaching a new "Yummy Bites" class and it has been a lot of fun!  We have baked Pie Pops, Pie in a Jar, Peach Dump Cake and Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.  I try to choose projects that are fun and can be served individually.  I also like projects that do not require 50 ingredients and that my residents have not tried before.  Most recently we made "Pinterest inspired"  Individual Lasagnas baked in a muffin tin.  And Oh Boy- were they good!

Lasagna "Muffins"- YUMMY!


I sort of followed a recipe, and sort of did my own thing- which is the way I cook at home.  But I will give you the basic recipe and you can embellish as you please:

Lasagna "Muffins"

Wonton Wrappers
Bottled Spaghetti sauce of your choice
Medium Onion
Ground Turkey
Olive Oil
Cooking Spray
Italian Spices and salt and pepper to taste
1 Egg
Garlic ( I was lazy and bought the minced stuff in the store)
Parmesan Cheese
Ricotta Cheese- small tub
Italian Cheese Mix-whole bag

I originally planned to add mushrooms but one of my ladies didn't like them so I left them out.  But at home we probably would have added mushrooms and since my daughter is vegetarian, made it with zucchini, mushrooms, onion, sun dried tomato and spinach and left the turkey out altogether.

First Brown your onion and turkey in a splash of olive oil.  Add garlic and Italian Seasonings to taste along with a little salt and pepper.

Miss Willie- My Assistant :-)

Once your meat is browned add spaghetti sauce so that the flavors can mix together before you construct your mini lasagnas.

Lightly Spray the muffin tins (Jumbo Muffin Tins, not regular) with cooking spray.

Layer  and overlap your wonton wrappers ( which can be found in your grocer's  refrigerated produce section) into the bottom and sides of your tins (about 3 each).  They dry out pretty fast, so cover them up.

First Step

Mix up your cheeses-  I think the Ricotta Cheese is a 16 oz tub- plus 1 egg, more italian seasoning or fresh parsley, a whole bag of Italian Cheese mix.

Then layer meat sauce, cheese, wonton, meat sauce and cheese and add some parmesan on top.

Ready to go in the oven!

Bake at 350 for about 15-25 minutes or until your cheese browns on top.  It's always best to let lasagna sit for a little while, but we dug in right out of the oven and they were quite tasty.  I can't wait to try a vegetarian version at home!

Hope you try these out- and let me know how you like em!

Till next time-  Stay creative both in and out of the kitchen!

Stephane


No comments:

Post a Comment