Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Busy Summer!

Wow!  I can't believe I have not had time to post anything all summer!  We've done a bunch of great projects, and I only have a few pictures of recent projects.  I've been really bad about taking photos this year.  And now we are sneaking up on Fall already!

I'll share a little of what we have been doing lately:

I recently started a new class- Yummy Bites Cooking Class.  Although many of the Retirement Communities offer occasional simple cooking classes- I wanted to do something completely different.  And armed with ton's of Pins from my Pinterest pages I have found some great fun and YUMMY food for us to try.

We've already tried Pie Pops- and they turned out just OK.  We used Berry and Cherry filling, but found we had too much crust and not enough filling in the little pies.  We all agreed that it might be tastier to use creamy filling like chocolate, pumpkin or coconut creme.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the finished products.  Recently we baked rainbow cupcakes in ice cream cones.  They were a big hit with the ladies.    Here are a few pictures of our finished cupcakes- they are not perfect, but they tasted good!
Rainbow Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
We made Apple Pie in a jar as well- and these were really yummy.  To tell the truth, we didn't actually use a recipe- we just eyeballed the ingredients, used premade crusts and they came out just fine!  We all agreed that baking in Mason jars was something we wanted to try again!
Ready to go in the oven!
Our finished project- Yummy!
Last week we made Peachy Keen Bars-  and they were very simple to make with only 7 ingredients- French Vanilla cake mix, canned peaches, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese.  We were supposed to let them cool but they smelled so good, we dug in right away so they didn't quite keep their bar form, but nobody seemed to care.  We all agreed that the best part of class was sitting around the table visiting with each other (reminded us of old times visiting around the kitchen table with friends and family). 

I'll post again soon so that I can share some of our fun craft projects that we completed over the summertime.  Until then-  Stay Creative and Have Fun!

Stephane

No comments:

Post a Comment