Monday, January 31, 2011

Saying a Fond Farewell to Bob

One of the hardest parts of my chosen profession is saying good bye to a cherished friend when they pass away.  This week, one of my dear class members at Chambrel- Bob Barr- passed.  I was very fortunate to get to know Bob over the past year- he was a very dear man who was kind and friendly to everyone- and he reminded me a lot of my own Dad.  

Bob was married over 60 years and was a devoted husband and father- and one of the most creative people I have met.  He really enjoyed our classes and made some lovely things for his wife and family over the past year.

His wife had recently passed away - only six weeks ago- very unexpectedly.  I had the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with Bob during a Friday afternoon when only he and I showed up to do a craft class.  It  had only been a week or two since his wife had passed and he was still adjusting to the idea of her being gone. We sat and talked about what had happened and how he felt for almost two hours that day.

I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with him that day because I felt like I was able to be a comfort to him during a very tough time.  And it is a wonderful thing to be able to help in even the smallest way when someone is grieving a loss like his- one that I could only imagine.

Our little group at Chambrel is full of wonderful people who genuinely care about one another- and we will all miss our friend Bob very much.   It was really strange to see his empty spot at the table this week- but we know he is happy to be with his dear wife again.

So to my friend Bob- Thanks for the memories- we love you and wish you Happy Trails!

Until next time!

Stephane

No comments:

Post a Comment