Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Wrap-up

Wow! The month of February really zoomed by- especially since February started out in the deep freeze here in North Texas-cancellations and rescheduled classes wreaked  havoc on my schedule early this month so I am keeping my fingers crossed that our frozen precipitation is over!
The fountain at Autumn Leaves in Garland

I am very excited about several of the new classes that I started teaching this month- they have been a lot of fun and very well received by the residents.  In addition to the new Wine Tasting classes and Wine and Watercolor classes, we started our new Latin Rhythm classes (which I plan to discuss in a separate post), Book Club for Memory Care and Watercolor for Memory Care.

We also have had a great time in our Arts and Crafts classes this month.  From Spring Wreaths and Topiaries,  Cute Valentine Puppy Door Hangers to Glass Gem mosaic pots, boxes and frames- my students have been very creative and prolific this month!  I love how art and craft classes allow everyone to really show their individuality and creativity.

Here are just a few photos of my students and our finished projects from February:

Working on our Door Hangers at Atria in Carrollton
Having fun designing their puppy faces!
Puppy Love Door Hanger

Mosaic Frames from Chambrel at Club Hill

Ethna working on her jewelry box
Ethna's finished product
Kris working on her mosaic box in her signature color- pink!

Kris' finished masterpiece!
Beverly admiring her handiwork!


Beverly's very pretty and VERY heavy finished piece
Inez working away on her design
Starting our Gem Mosaic Pots at Meadowstone
More pots at Preston Place
Glass Gem Mosaic Pots

For the month of March, I have some fun projects planned for St Patrick's Day and the coming of Spring.  We are going to start some garden projects later in March and will be planting early Spring flowers and veggies.  Some of the art projects we will be work on in March includes St Patty's Day door decorations, Tied Fabric Wreaths and more Fabric Topiaries.  We'll give Batik fabric banners a try as well.  I also have a paper bead project and  Polymer clay projects I am looking forward to starting as well.  Have never worked with Polymer clay so I am excited to give that a try in March and report on our progress.

Hope you have had a great month!  Looking forward to Shamrocks and blooming gardens in the coming month!

Till next time- Have fun and stay creative!

Stephane

No comments:

Post a Comment