Sunday, February 13, 2011

February Fun with Watercolor and Eggshell Mosaics Part 2

I started working with watercolor and other media with my residents in January and we have been having a good time learning some basic techniques.  In January I introduced my new evening Wine and Watercolor classes for Independent Seniors and have also been teaching beginning watercolor painting in my Arts classes in Memory Care and Assisted Living.

Watercolor is an easy medium for almost any ability level to work with- and even Seniors in Memory Care can work independently to create their own unique work of art.  Recently my Independent Seniors have been working on a multimedia project using watercolor for the background, acrylic for part of the design and eggshell mosaic leaves that were created by painting eggshells and using Modge Podge to apply to black card stock.  Please take a look at my January post to see photos and examples of creating the eggshell mosaics.

This particular project takes at least 3 sessions to complete, but the end results are really nice.

Students at Chambrell Hill working on their paintings
Our finished Eggshell Mosaic

Eggshell Mosaic Close up      

No comments:

Post a Comment